All participants please check out this Participant Guide found HERE. Everything you need to know in order to prepare for the race weekend can be found in the guide.
The Governor’ Cup Road Race 5K has been selected to be the 2020 RRCA Southern Regional Champion. The Half Marathon has also been selected as the 2020 RRCA State Championship.
- Kids Main Street Mile: Friday evening, February 21 at 6:00 p.m. Starts and finishes at the corner of Main and Lady Streets.
- Main Street Mile: Friday evening, February 21 at 6:30 p.m. (open) and 7:00 p.m. (elite). Starts and finishes at the corner of Main and Lady Streets.
- Half-Marathon: Saturday morning, February 22 at 8:00 a.m. starts at 1312 Main St. heading south toward the SC State House. The event finishes heading south on Park St. at 1110 Park Street.
- 5k Run/Walk: Saturday morning, February 22 at 8:20 a.m. starts at 1312 Main St. heading south toward the SC State House. The event finishes heading south on Park St. at 1110 Park Street.
- Columbia’s Triple Crown: Check back soon on details for which races will qualify.
SPECIAL ITEMS TO NOTE FOR THE RACE:
- Kids Main Street Mile Participants: Packet Pick-up on Friday, February 21 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Marriott located at 1200 Hampton Street and from 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the First Citizens Plaza located at 1230 Main Street.
- 5K and Half Marathon packet pick-up will remain at the Marriot until 7:00 p.m. on Friday, February 21.
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION. On Saturday, February 22, you may pick up packets from 7:00 to 8:00 a.m. at the Marriott located at 1200 Hampton Street.
- Please note that entry fees and credit/debit card charges are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The half marathon course has a 3 hour, 15 minute time limit (14:53/mile). Because aid stations, volunteers and police will not be available to participants who fall below this pace, runners will be asked to leave the course for their own safety after the 3:15 hour mark. If participants choose to continue running after the course is closed, they do so at their own risk and will be asked by the Columbia Police Department to move off the streets.
- Water & Gatorade Stations, GU stations, and port-o-jons are provided at aid stations along the courses.
- Refreshments will be provided at the Finish Line.
- Award Ceremony: 5K awards will begin at 9:30 a.m. and half marathon awards will begin at 10:30 a.m.
Main Street Mile
- $20 October 1 - February 20, 2020
- $25 February 21, 2020 (Day of event)
Kids Main Street Mile:
- Information on registration will be posted by December 1
- $60 October 1 – October 31, 2019
- $70 November 1 – November 30, 2019
- $80 December 1 – December 31, 2019
- $90 January 1 - January 31, 2020
- $100 February 1 – February 21, 2020
Note: Half-marathon and Main Street Mile combo package available at an additional $10 over the current half-marathon price. Combo pricing includes one wicking shirt for the Half-marathon.
- $25 October 1 - November 30, 2019
- $30 December 1 – January 31, 2020
- $35 February 1 – February 21, 2020
Note: 5k run/walk, and Main Street Mile combo package available at an additional $10 over the current 5k run/walk price. Combo pricing includes one wicking shirt for the 5k run/walk.
ALL REGISTERED BY FEBRUARY 6, 2020 ARE GUARANTEED A T-SHIRT
Full Time Students and Active Military will receive a discount of $10 off for Half Marathon and $5 off for 5K and Main Street Mile. Please email Katie at Katie.Miller@governorscupsc.org for code.