Kids Main Street Mile Registration
Calling all Kids…Are you ready to Rock the Main Street Mile?
Join us for the Lexington Medical Center Governor’s Cup Kid’s Main Street Mile presented by Future Scholar 529!
The Kid’s Run will kick off the Governor’s Cup weekend with a 1-mile run on Main Street on Friday, May 17 at 6:30pm. Stick around for the open and elite Main Street Mile events that will follow the Kids Run.
We are excited to offer FREE registration for kids ages 12 and under, thanks to the sponsorship by Future Scholars 529.
All Kid’s Run participants will receive a race t-shirt, bib, and some fun gifts and upon completing the 1-mile loop, they’ll get a medal!
Registrations are first come, so make sure to sign-up as soon as possible. Click here to register.
KIDS MAIN ST MILE RACE DAY DETAILS!
WHERE DO I GET MY CHILD’S RACE PACKET (BIB, TSHIRT, AND SWAG)?
- Race packets can be picked up at the expo on May 17 from 11am-4:00pm at the Hilton Columbia Center (924 Senate St)
- At 4:00pm, we will transition to the Kids Main Street Mile and you can pick up the race packet there (First Citizen’s Plaza behind the bank on Lady St) from 5:00-6:15pm
- You do not need to print your ticket
WHERE IS THE KIDS MAIN ST MILE START AND FINISH? Kid’s run will start and finish at the intersection of Lady and Main Streets in downtown Columbia.
WHEN DOES IT START?
- May 17, 2019 at 6:30pm (we recommend arriving early to find parking).
- We will run the kids race in waves based on child’s age (Bib colors: Purple= 10 and up, Green= 7-9 year olds, Yellow = 6 and under). Please make sure your child gets in the correct color section to run with kids of the same age as him/her.
WHAT TO BRING: all kid’s run participants must be wearing a kid’s run bib, participants do not have to wear the race shirt but if you want to, that’s fine by us. Parents wishing to run with their child do not need a bib.
WHERE TO PARK: Parking is available in the downtown garages or in meters (must pay until 6pm) along side streets. Please note that Main Street and Lady Street will be blocked from 6- 8:30 pm.
PARENTS: Yes, you can run with your child(ren), we encourage it, but you can also stand along the course and cheer them on. PLEASE NOTE:
- This is not a timed race.
- Parents will not receive t-shirts or race medals.
- If you want to run as a family/group, please be aware of younger runners and get in the bib color group most appropriate for your group.
- We do not recommend running with strollers but if you want to do so, please start at the back, regardless of your child’s age, for the safety of all participants.
FINISH FESTIVAL: We will have several sponsor vendor tables, balloon artists, face painters, water, snacks, and more. Stick around to support our sponsors as well as watch the adults run the same mile course right after the kids.
The Course Map is below. Please note that the kids’ will run a down and back on Main Street, starting and finishing at Lady Street.
THANKS FOR RUNNING WITH US! CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES. SEE YOU FRIDAY, MAY 17!
1 Mile Course Map